Followers

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Decorating the tree

It's already December 1 and that means a new challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ. The months have flown by again this year and I have a feeling it's not going to go any slower next year. My wish for each of you is a happy and safe holiday season. The challenge for you this month at Craft-Dee BowZ is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW.


 
I chose to do a very non-traditional card for me...no image to color!  I've had this great ornament die cut for years and die cut  it twice, once in red metallic paper and once in silver metallic paper. Then I pieced the red pieces into the silver outline. You might be able to see it better in the picture below due to glare. My green pine boughs are a die by Sizzix and I love DecoArt Snow-Tex and applied it with my finger and then sprinkled white glitter over it while it was still wet. The background of my paper is an embossing folder that reminded me of a Nordic sweater pattern.
 
 
I love this ornament and the top of it is a double swirl, so one swirl is tucked around the green pine bough.



And now what you've all been waiting for. The bow. This is white satin with white stamped snowflakes all over the front side. With my little bow tool I was able to make this triple looped bow, keeping the patterned side of the ribbon facing forward. I couldn't have done this in my hands and love my little bow tool. Have you gotten one yet and used it?


The Team at Craft-Dee BowZ has some gorgeous creations to share with you today and I know you'll enjoy looking at all 4 of our projects. Remember, we're a small team so it doesn't take a lot of time to take a peek at Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog and leave each of us a comment! 

This will be my last post before Christmas for Craft-Dee BowZ since my next post is on December 26 and I'll be showing you a gift bag I made and using a beautiful image from Robyn's Fetish who is our sponsor this month! Each gal on the Team has a Tuesday to share a wonderful project to share with you, so please stop by every week to see the latest and greatest. And remember that the challenge for you this month is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW.

Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

  1. First, your bow is fabulous! I love the simplicity, yet elegance of this card. The metallic papers are perfect for this ornament. Beautiful design and great dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling ornament card, and the evergreen branch is perfect for this, along with your "snow" on the edges. The shine to your ornament makes it appear so authentic, love the idea of the embossing folder to give texture to your design, and the snowflake ribbon done into a perfect bow, is, well, PERFECT. Elegant and stylish . . . happy holiday season to you, Gail !!

    ReplyDelete